What a fun cake this was to create! Talk about taking me back to my childhood.
This client wanted a Super Mario themed cake, with a scene from the video game on one of the tiers. The birthday was for three brothers turning 10, 5 and 1. The mom wanted mario, Luigi and a mushroom represented on the cake somehow. I bought two little action figures (mario and Luigi) that were on the cake, I just forgot to put them on for these pics. The top tier I made to look like one of the mushrooms from the game. The middle tier was a scene from the Mario Bros game and the bottom tier was supposed to represent the green pipes that are in the game. I love how this turned out!
All three cake layers were marble cake with vanilla bean buttercream frosting.
The pictures just don't do it justice. All pieces were hand made out of fondant.
0 comments:
Post a Comment